Are you feeling a little ho-hum and looking for a cure for the blahs? Belly dance class is the perfect antidote to humdrum! You stay, or get fit, all while spicing up your life with sensual movement, exotic music, shiny, jingly, fun stuff to wear, and spending time with a supportive group of awesome women! It’s hard to beat that!
Discover your own personal version of bliss through belly dance in group and private classes in Taos, NM with me, Annya Ishtara. You’ll inhabit your hips and feel like a goddess in belly dance class!
A new belly dance class session begins in September, 2015. To be notified of details and to get the most current details about classes and performances, Subscribe to Annya Ishtara’s newsletter.
“I love Annya’s belly dance class!” Carolyn, Taos, NM
- Dates: September 14 – October 26, 2015
- Time: Mondays, 5:30 – 7 PM
- Location: Qigong Academy See below for address and directions.
- Cost: Try out your first class on Monday, September 14 for $12! Or sign up for the full 7 week session: September 14 – October 26. The cost for 7 weeks is $84 if you sign up on or before September 14. You can pay with cash or check at the first class.
- You can also sign up on Monday, September 21 for the remaining 6 weeks for $72. For this option, you’ll still need to pay $12 for the class on September 14, assuming you attend that class.
- Please note that September 14 will be the only drop-in class of this session.
Learn basic belly dance moves and simple dance combinations to free your hips, rejuvenate your body, and satisfy your soul. This is the perfect class for brand new students and for dancers with some experience who are looking to review and refine belly dance basics.
“Annya’s classes have had a very positive, life-giving effect on me.”
Anne, New Mexico
Come join the fun on Monday, September 14, 2015, 5:30 – 7 PM at Qigong Academy in Taos, NM to discover how belly dance can enrich your life!
“Learning belly dance with Annya Ishtara has made disciplined muscle toning fun and inspirational, and as well, has helped me find great joy in the embodiment of the feminine through graceful rhythmic movement. Annya is a highly skilled dancer and teacher!”
Julia Ruth Claus, LMT Taos, NM
- Time: Mondays, 4 – 5:15 PM
- Location: Qigong Academy See below for address and directions.
- Cost: $35 for a 3 week month, $45 for a 4 week month or $56 for a 5 week month, starting at the beginning of each month or $14 per single class.
- This class is by permission only. Please contact Annya Ishtara for specific requirements if you wish to be considered for this class: annyaish@Annya-Ishtara-dance.com.
Students in this class refine their skills in technique, emotional expression, props, and performance presence, as well as rehearsing choreographies for performance preparation in an ongoing format.
“We met for an hour and I learned so much! While we danced together, Annya observed my style and was the first teacher to ever help me figure out what my strengths and weaknesses were! … Her comments were thought provoking and positive – not in a false, cheerleader way – but in a way that led me to believe that she really understood the mechanics of dancing.”
-Pat Spark, Spark Fiber Arts, Albany, Oregon
I offer private lessons in person and on Skype to personalize your blissful belly dance experience! I also offer private instruction in Rajasthani Gypsy/Kalbelia Dance and Turkish Roman (gypsy) dance.
In the focused time of your private lesson, we can really delve into the nitty-gritty of what will help you the most at this time in your belly dance evolution. In private lessons, all levels of students have gained great benefit from my personalized instruction in the areas of:
- in-depth understanding of movements
- perfecting technique
- feeling more confident with improvisation
- developing emotional expression in belly dance
- personal study in areas of belly dance outside the scope of regular class
- perfecting their mastery of props such as veil, double veil, and sword
- preparing for performances and other special dance projects
I find that private lessons are more successful when students are clear on the topic(s) they want to work on, so please come prepared. If I have not met you before your private lesson, I will ask you what you want to work on and possibly to see a video of you dancing before we meet. This is to insure that you and I make the most of our time together.
Need help choreographing or refining your troupe or group performance number?
I can help your group with transitions, staging, expression, bringing greater emotional depth and meaning to your piece, and more. Contact me for group rates: annyaish(at)Annya-Ishtara-dance(dot)com. Remember to put in the “at” symbol and “dot” on your own. (Just keeping down the spam!)
How to Schedule Your Private Lesson
If this sounds like what you are wanting in your belly dance training at this time, or if you have other belly dance topics in mind for a private lesson, please contact me to schedule your private lesson (Remember to put in the “at” symbol and “dot” on your own): annyaish (at) Annya-Ishtara-dance (dot) com.
Private lessons take place at Qigong Academy in downtown Taos, NM (see below for address) or by Skype from the comfort of your own home.
- Cost is $45/hour for 1 person in person or by Skype.
- Semi-private lessons for 2 people are $65/hour.
- Private Lesson Package: Save $35 when you pay for 4 private lessons at once. Cost is $145 for 4 private lessons, which means you save almost the cost of 1 lesson. You have 8 weeks from the time of purchase to complete the lessons.
- Please e-mail Annya Ishtara to set up your private lesson: annyaish(at)Annya-Ishtara-dance(dot)com.
All classes are held at Qigong Academy, inside Yucca Plaza, 216 Paseo del Pueblo Norte, Suite F, Taos, NM.
Yucca Plaza is across from the north end of Kit Carson Park in downtown Taos, NM, on the west side of Paseo del Pueblo Norte, the main street of town. Enter through the double glass doors facing the parking lot. Qigong Academy is 2 doors to the left down the hallway.
Students wear yoga pants or tights or other stretchy, comfortable pants and a close fitting top that allows range of motion to be seen. Bare bellies are not required!
I highly recommended that you bring a scarf or shawl to tie around your hips so that you can feel where your hips are and so that when you look in the mirror you can clearly see your hip movements.
I also have coin hipscarves for sale in class. In addition to being fun, many students find the auditory feedback of the coins with their hip movements to be helpful in their learning.
Payment and Refund Policy
Payment is due at or before the first class of a series unless other arrangements are made prior to class. Drop-in classes are paid in full at the time of class.
There are no refunds unless I cancel the class, and there are no make-up classes.
Payment may be made in cash or check. No credit cards accepted at this time.
There is a “no observers” policy; however, you are welcome to try out the Belly Dance 101 Class for $12 on the first day of each new session.
To stay up to date with my most current belly dance class schedule and events, Subscribe to Annya Ishtara’s newsletter.
© 2015 by Annya Ishtara