Double Veil Delight Workshop - Online!
The double veil dance is a beautiful and super dramatic aspect of belly dance. It takes up lots of space, looks great on a large stage, and has a big impact on an audience!
In this workshop designed to introduce you to double veil technique you’ll learn how to dance with 2 veils at the same time.
Veil is one of my absolute favorite parts of belly dance, and I will share some of my veil expertise that I have learned from over 30 years of veil dancing in this online workshop
- How to hold your double veils for best results
- How to surprise and delight your audience with a dramatic separation of the 2 veils
- Mesmerizing veil moves and sequences with minimal spinning
- Dynamic spinning moves for maximum drama!
I recommend that you are already comfortable dancing with one veil before dancing with 2 at a time. Although we will mostly focus on non-spinning moves in this workshop, many double veil moves are done while spinning, so it’s helpful if you are comfortable with spinning.
You will need 2 3 yard/2.75 meter half circle or semi-circular veils of the same size and weight of fabric for this class. If you don’t already have a set of double veils, you can check out my suggestions for choosing them in this short video.
- Sunday, August 9, 2020
- 10 – 11:30 AM Mountain Time
- Online via Zoom
- $18, includes 6 days access to streaming recording of the workshop
- Click “Let’s Dance” below to pay with PayPal.
- If finances are a hardship at this time, contact me to make other arrangements: annyaish(at)Annya-Ishtara-Dance(dot)com. *Be sure to fill in the punctuation to make this a valid email address.
Annya Ishtara’s veil dance creates beautiful cascades of wafting colors that seem to magically outline the musical contours in real time. She can entice you and your floating fabric friend to soar together in partnership as well. Her veil work is based on breath, fined tuned technique, and a high sense of aesthetics. Her profound body awareness and warm personality give her classes grounding rare in the dance world. Annya is a vibrant, conscientious and kind teacher in person or online.
Refunds for workshops are only available up to 2 hours before the workshop starts. There are no refunds for workshops after this time.
For more details, see the Frequently Asked Questions page.
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions About Belly Dance (FAQ’s), click here.