Alchemical Belly Dance Class In-Person Series
Belly dance is more than just exercise for your body. It increases grace, strength, flexibility, balance, and burns calories. But even more importantly, it is a way to nourish and develop your whole self, connecting you to your body, your emotions, and your feeling of confidence and personal power.
Belly dance inherently starts at the deep inner core of your body. It naturally activates and strengthens pelvic and torso muscles (commonly called core muscles), as well as building overall strength, grace, and balance.
Experience the sensuous, flowing side of belly dance in this Alchemical Belly Dance Series as you:
- activate your energy centers
- create sacred geometry with your body
- direct chi (life force energy) throughout your body for a more embodied experience
- connect with your divine feminine nature
This class is recommended for advanced beginners, as well as dancers of any level who wish to deepen their dance through energy practices.
Wear comfortable clothes that you can move in, and ideally bring a fringed or coin scarf or shawl to tie on your hips so you can see and/or hear your hip movements. No scarf? No problem! Just come as you are. Bare bellies are welcome, but not required!
I invite you to experience the healing power of Alchemical Belly Dance!
- Saturdays, October 21 – November 18, 2023
- 11 AM – 12 PM
- At Little Bear Spiritual Wellness Center 1350 Paseo del Pueblo Sur Taos, NM 87571
- All 5 classes for $79. You can try the first class as a drop-in only on October 21 before committing to the series. See below for more details.
How to Pay
- Try your first class before you commit to the series for $18. Pay at the door with cash for this option. You can only do this on October 21.
- To pay for the complete 5 week series once you have tried the first class on October 21, pay at the door in cash (preferred).
- *If you know when you are signing up that you will miss certain class dates, let me know, and I will pro-rate the cost of class for you.
- Or pay online for the full series with a credit card by clicking the “Sign Me Up” button below.
- If you need a payment plan, contact me in advance to make arrangements: annyaish(at)Annya-Ishtara-Dance(dot)com. *Be sure to fill in the punctuation to make this a valid email address.
- If you really want to drop in after the first class, the cost is $20/class. However, I strongly recommend that you commit to yourself and the class by signing up for the entire series because you will get so much more out of it than if you just drop in occasionally!
I wanted to let you know that I am really enjoying your classes. Combining the qigong with the belly dancing is amazing. I have been taking dance classes off and on for almost 20 years, and this is the first one where I feel completely in my body. And I have developed more core strength in the last month than with any other exercise I’ve done. I am very grateful for all that you offer.
For what to wear, refund and other class policies, and more, see the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Or *email me* at annyaish(at)Annya-Ishtara-dance(dot)com. *SUPER IMPORTANT!* Be sure to fill in the appropriate punctuation to make this a working email address.
Your classes are WONDERFUL! I really love your pacing, knowledge and attention to detail and how much you obviously care about making sure that people have the info they need to succeed.
I have been taking Annya’s wonderful online belly dancing classes for the last 8 weeks from all the way across the world in Singapore. The classes really make me happy, as I get to learn and practice belly dancing from the comfort of my home with Annya, who is a patient, talented, and just wonderful teacher.
Annya teaches belly dancing in easily digestible steps, and she is very encouraging for beginners like me. I also love the follow up videos that she sends after the class. They are a great recap and practice, if we like to do some additional belly dancing in between classes.
Annya is light hearted and also humorous in the way she teaches, and it is a joy to participate in her classes.